Dr. Fee came to the GGC in 2016 as a Staff Scientist in the Microarray Laboratory. His previous studies include synthesis and mechanics of biomaterials, image processing, tissue engineering scaffold characterization, and gene expression induced by the cellular substrate topology. At the GGC, he uses this engineering background to assist in microarray testing, data analysis, and procedural optimization. He is also involved in developing new diagnostic testing options based on Digital PCR technology.
Dr. Fee has recently developed a SNP Array Interpretation Guide as a resource for laboratory diagnosticians involved in SNP array analysis. It covers the main types of aberrations visible on SNP array as well as more complex mosaic situations. This work was presented (virtually) at the American Cytogenetics Conference in June 2021 and can be downloaded here.
Office (864) 941-8108
- BS Biomedical Engineering, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2010
- MS Biomedical Engineering, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2012
- PhD Biomedical Engineering, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2016
- Staff Scientist, Microarray Laboratory, Greenwood Genetic Center, 2016-present
- Fee, T., Surianarayanan, S., Downs, C., Zhou, Y., Berry, J. “Nanofiber Alignenment Regulates NIH3T3 Cell Orientation and Cytoskeletal Gene Expression on Electrospun PCL+Gelain Nanofibers.” 2016, PLOS ONE. 11, e0154806.
- Fee, T., Downs, C., Eberhardt, A., Zhou, Y., Berry, J. “Image Based Quantification of Fiber Alignment within Electrospun Tissue Engineering Scaffolds is Related to Mechanical Anisotropy.” 2016, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research part A. 104, 1680.
- Hwang, P., Lim, D., Fee, T., Alexander, G., Tambralli, A., Andukuri, A., Tian, L., Cui, W., Berry, J., Gilbert, S., Jun, H. “A Bio-Inspired Hybrid Nanosack for Graft Vascularization at the Omentum.” 2016, Acta Biomaterialia. 41, 224.
- Fee, T., Dean, D., Eberhardt, A., Berry, J. “A Novel Device to Quantify the Mechanical Properties of Electrospun Nanofibers.” 2012, Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. 134, 104503-1.