Associate Director, Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory
Dr. Louie started at the Greenwood Genetic Center as a fellow in the Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory in 2014. After fellowship, he worked as an exome analyst for Greenwood Genetic Center and GeneDx. In 2018 Dr. Louie was promoted to Assistant Director of the Molecular Diagnostic Lab at GGC, and he became Associate Director in 2021. His background is in large-scale genetic screening in model organisms and in solid tumor genetics and radiobiology. Dr. Louie is interested in the diagnosis of Mendelian disorders and in the identification of novel genes involved in neurodevelopmental delay and hydrops fetalis.
Dr. Louie is board certified by the American Board of Medical Genetics and is a Fellow of the American College of Medical Genetics. He is also a member of the American Society of Human Genetics.
Office: (864) 941-8195
- B.S., Biology and Biochemistry, University of Oregon, 2004
- M.S., M.Ph., Ph.D., Biology, Columbia University, 2004-2010
- Post-doctoral fellow, Radiation Oncology, University of California San Francisco, 2010-2014
- Clinical Molecular Genetics Lab Fellow, Greenwood Genetic Center, 2014-2016
- Clinical Molecular Specialist, Greenwood Genetic Center, 2016-2017
- Sr. Clinical Scientist, Clinical Genomic, GeneDx, 2017-2018
- Assistant Director, Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, Greenwood Genetic Center, 2018-2021
- Associate Director, Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, Greenwood Genetic Center, 2021-present
- Knaus A, Pantel JT1 Pendziwiat M, Hajjir N, Zhao M, Hsieh TC, Schubach M, Gurovich Y, Fleischer N, Jäger M, Köhler S, Muhle H, Korff C, Møller RS,
Bayat A, Calvas P, Chassaing N, Warren H, Skinner S, Louie R, Evers C, Bohn M, Christen HJ, van den Born M1 Obersztyn E, Charzewska
A, Endziniene M, Kortüm F, Brown N, Robinson PN, Schelhaas HJ, Weber Y, Helbig , Mundlos S, Horn D, Krawitz PM Characterization of glycosylphosphatidylinositol
biosynthesis defects by clinical features, flow cytometry, and automated image analysis. Genome Medicine. Jan 9, 2018
- Louie RJ*, Tan QK*, Gilner JB, Rogers RC, Younge N, Wechsler SB, McDonald MT, Gordon B, Saski CA, Jones JR, Chapman SJ, Stevenson
RE, Sleasman JW, Friez MJ. Novel pathogenic variants in FOXP3 in fetuses with echogenic bowel and skin desquamation identified by ultrasound. American
Journal of Medical Genetics. Mar 20, 2017. *Equal Contribution
- Padro-Jove M, Louie RJ, Lananna BV, Krieg AJ, Timmerman LA, Chan DA. Genome-independent hypoxic repression of estrogen receptor alpha
in breast cancer cells. BMC Cancer. Mar 20, 2017.
- Wilson C, Qiu L, Hong Y, Karnik T, Tadros G, Mau M, Ma T, Mu Y, New J, Louie RJ, Gunewardena S, Godwin AK, Tawfik OW, Roby KF, Krieg
AJ. The histone demethylase KDM4B regulates peritoneal seeding of ovarian cancer. Oncogene. Nov 21, 2016.
- Humtsoe JO, Pham E, Louie RJ, Chan DA, Kramer RH. ErbB3 upregulation by the HNSCC 3D microenvironment modulates cell survival and
growth. Oncogene. Jun 15, 2015
- Bakhoum SF, Kabeche L, Wood M, Laucius CD, Qu D, Laughney AM, Reynold G, Louie RJ, Phillips J, Chan DA, Zaki BI, Murnane JP, Petritsch
C,Compton DA. Numerical chromosomal instability mediates susceptibility to radiation treatment. Nature Communications. Jan 21, 2015.
- Louie RJ*, Padro-Jove M*, Giaccia AJ, Chan DA. Small molecule targeting the VHL/hypoxic phenotype. Hypoxia and Cancer. Editor: Giovanni
Melillo. Nov 19, 2013. *Equal Contribution (book chapter)
- Timmerman LA, Holton T, Yuneva M, Louie RJ, Padro M, Daemen A, Hu M, Chan DA, Ethier SP, van ‘t Veer LJ, Polyak K, McCormick F, Gray
JW. Glutamine Sensitivity Analysis Identifies the xCT Antiporter as a Triple Negative Breast Tumor Therapeutic Target. Cancer Cell. Oct 14, 2013
- Louie RJ*, Guo* J, Rodgers J, White R, Shah N, Pagant, S, Kim P, Livstone M, Dolinski K, McKinney B, Hong J, Sorscher E, Bryan J,
Miller EA, Hartman J. A yeast phenomic model for the gene interaction network modulating CFTR-F508 protein biogenesis. Genome Medicine. Dec 27,
2012 Cover article and Research Highlight editorial written by Genome Medicine. *Equal Contribution
- Louie RJ, Pagant S, Youn JY, Halliday JJ, Huyer G, Michaelis S, Miller EA. Functional rescue of a misfolded eukaryotic ATP-binding
cassette (ABC) transporter by domain replacement. J Biol Chem. Sept 14, 2010.