GGC’s Division of Education is pleased to provide guest speakers to visit your classroom (middle or high school), civic or faith-based organization, museum, library or other adult gathering. A list of available topics is provided below, though we are happy to customize a presentation specifically to your group’s needs.
Contact Leta Tribble, PhD at [email protected] or (864) 943-4170 for more information or to schedule a presentation.
- Introduction to the Greenwood Genetic Center
- Introduction to Human Genetics 101
- Preventable Birth Defects
- Introduction to Medical Genetics
- Cancer Genetics
- Genetic Counseling and Other Careers in Genetics
- Family History and Pedigree Construction
- Genetic Testing: Diagnostic Techniques and Ethical Issues
- Neural Tube Defects: The Folic Acid Story