Laura Buch, MSPAS, PA-C, is a physician assistant who completed GGC’s Metabolic Advanced Practice Provider fellowship in 2021. Laura has a special interest in metabolic and lysosomal storage disorders and in providing compassionate care to all her patients. She also serves as a sub-investigator for several clinical trials.
Laura is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (2019). She is a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Society of Physician Assistants in Genetics and Genomics, American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics, and was elected into the Pi Alpha National Honor Society for her significant academic achievement, leadership, research, service, and high standard of character and conduct. She also serves on GGC’s Inclusion and Diversity Advisory Council.
Office (864) 678-7886
Fax (864) 250-9582
Education and Experience
- B.S., Health and Wellness Promotion, University North Carolina Asheville, 2013
- Chief Medical Scribe, Park Ridge Health & Spartanburg Regional Medical Center, 2013-2016
- M.S., Physician Assistant, Elon University, 2019
- Metabolic Advance Practice Provider Fellowship, Greenwood Genetic Center, 2019-2021
- Physician Assistant (Medical Genetics), Greenwood Genetic Center, 2019-present
- Young Bae Sohn, Curtis Rogers, Jennifer Stallworth, Jessica A. Cooley Coleman, Laura Buch, Erin Jozwiak, Jo Ann Johnson, Tim Wood, Paul Harmatz, Laura Pollard, Raymond J. Louie. (2022) RNA analysis of the GALNS transcript reveals novel pathogenic mechanisms associated with Morquio syndrome A. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism Reports. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymgmr.2022.100875.