Wesley Patterson, PA-C, PhD, is a physician assistant who rejoined the Greenwood Genetic Center in January 2018. He is involved in the evaluation and treatment of genetic disorders in individuals of all ages. Dr. Patterson also has a special interest in genetics and genomics education for physician assistants. He lectures and serves as a clinical preceptor for several physician assistant programs.
Dr. Patterson received his Bachelor of Science degree in Animal and Veterinary Sciences from Clemson University in 2009 and his Master of Science degree in Physician Assistant from Jefferson College of Health Sciences in 2014. Between undergraduate and graduate school, he worked in the molecular diagnostic laboratory as a laboratory technologist at the Greenwood Genetic Center.
Dr. Patterson is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (2014), and he holds memberships in the American Academy of Physician Assistants, South Carolina Academy of Physician Assistants, American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics, Physician Assistant Education Association, Society for Physician Assistants in Pediatrics, and Society of Physician Assistants in Genetics and Genomics for which he is a founding member and serves as treasurer and web designer.
Office (864) 388-1051
Fax (864) 941-8114
Education & Experience
- B.S., Animal and Veterinary Sciences, Clemson University, 2009
- Laboratory Technologist, Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, Greenwood Genetic Center, 2010-2012
- M.S., Physician Assistant, Jefferson College of Health Sciences, 2014
- Physician Assistant (Family Medicine), Self Medical Group, 2015-2017
- Physician Assistant (Medical Genetics), Greenwood Genetic Center, 2018-present
- Ph.D., Healthcare Genetics and Genomics, Clemson University, 2022
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, University of South Carolina School of Medicine-Columbia, 2021-present
- Ziats CA, Patterson WG, Friez M. (2020). Syndromic autism revisited: review of the literature and lessons learned. Pediatric Neurology. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j. pediatrneurol.2020.06.011
- Tribble LM, Bassett L, DuPont B, Jones J, Lichty A, Moore HW, Patterson WG, Pollard L, Russo J, Stallworth J, Walden K. (2020). Genetic Counseling Aids, 7th Ed.